- Tears of eros: Will Self on the trouble with romance and desire.
- Shirley Jackson and the suppression of women’s criticism.
- ‘Whiteness is not inevitable. White dominance is not inevitable.’ Claudia Rankine discusses her new Racial Imaginary Institute.
At home with the Trumps: the true story of the Republican nominee’s much maligned interior designer.
- ‘You choose a working-class neighborhood with an ethnic mix and you fund a café’s subtle redesign, in a way that plays the authenticity card.’ The troubling class and race politics of French Bobos.
- From the new book Frieze A-Z of Contemporary Art, Tom Morton discusses cavemen and art, then and now.
- Got the flu? Searching for a remedy? Perhaps now is a good time to look into the history of the medicine cabinet.
- New on frieze.com Andrew Hultkrans on Donald Trump’s nativist paranoia.