Elmgreen & Dragset to curate the next Istanbul Biennial and Serpentine Galleries appoint Yana Peel as their new CEO: the latest art news
• Scandinavian artist-duo Michael Elmgreen & Ingar Dragset will curate the 15th edition of the Istanbul Biennial in November of next year.
• Yana Peel has been named as the new CEO of London’s Serpentine Galleries. Peel, who co-founded the Outset Contemporary Art Fund in 2003 and is CEO of public debate forum Intelligence Squared, will replace Julia Peyton-Jones in July when 'JPJ' steps down after 25 years as director.
• The FBI is offering a reward of USD$25,000 for any information regarding the theft of seven Andy Warhol works that were stolen from Missouri Art Museum last week.
• A painting that is believed to be by Caravaggio has been discovered in a loft in Toulouse, France. The painting, which depicts the Biblical heroine Judith beheading an Assyrian general, will not leave France for 30 months while experts assess its authenticity.
• The US Senate has unanimously voted to ban the import of ancient art and artefacts from Syria in an attempt to deter looting by Daesh and other militant groups.