Weekend Reading List
From Elena Ferrante to global citizenship: what to read this weekend
- 'What is it that we want from our authors?' - the troubling unmasking of Elena Ferrante.
- From the frieze archives: Ferrante answers our questionnaire.
- 'To deceive a person into truth' - Søren Kierkegaard as novelist.
- Dawn Foster on the idea of global citizenship.
- As a major retrospective opens up in galleries across New York, we remember the work of the late Ellen Cantor in an article from the current issue of frieze.
- Why did they vote no? On the surprising outcome of Colombia's referendum.
- Derrida's followers would say that looking for origins is a mistake, but if you were to look to find where deconstruction started, go to the US not France.
Paul Clinton is a writer based in London, UK. He is associate editor of frieze and Frieze Masters Magazine. In 2015 he co-curated the exhibition 'duh? Art & Stupidity' at Focal Point Gallery, Southend-on-Sea, UK.