Weekend Reading List
A special list curated by Asia Art Archive
Asia Art Archive is a Hong Kong based library and archive project collecting the recent history of art in Asia. On 24th March frieze deputy editor Amy Sherlock will be interviewing artist Zheng Bo as part of their public programme, 'Under the Influence' in which artists discuss the books that have shaped their practice. Ahead of this event we have invited AAA to curate a reading list:
- Abigail Reynolds on her 2016 journey to seek out a series of historical libraries along the Silk Road
- AAA's Alexandra Seno speaks to Heman Chong about the books he would take on a trip to space
- 'Imbedded in Society’s “New Public Art”– Notes on Zheng Bo'
- 'Action Painting is Not Calligraphy: A Conversation with Yang Jiechang'
- From the frieze archive, Amy Sherlock on islands and isolation
- Mirrors for Princes by Slavs and Tatars, essays in the medieval advice genre to discuss contemporary political
- 'I’m interested in perception and with how definitions get stretched or trespassed': an interview with Shilpa Gupta
- Hu Fang and Zhang Wei intervene in AAA's library with books inspired by gardening