Weekend Reading List
From Frantz Fanon’s hidden humanism to medieval fan fiction: what to read this weekend.
- Kierkegaard and kek: on the dangers of irony.
- Daily reviews: check frieze.com to read about current shows in Berlin, Milan and Minneapolis.
- A nation misunderstood: when the media quoted philosopher Richard Rorty’s prediction that a nationalist demagogue would enter the White House, they got his argument badly wrong.
- Is it ever right to tear down monuments?
- ‘There were no performance artists’ – an interview with Barbara T Smith.
- Frantz Fanon without the violence: rediscovering the postcolonial thinker’s humanism.
- Learn how to read from the first fan fiction author, a medieval mystic.
- A new biography of Richard Bellamy, an early champion of Donald Judd, Claes Oldenburg and James Rosenquist, captures the birth of the contemporary art gallery as we know it today.
- ‘The uses to which one can put a life’ – remembering John Berger.