Weekend Reading List
From the perversity of suburbia to the politics of partying: what to read this weekend
- Never again: frieze editor at large Jörg Heiser asks what counts as an appropriate artistic response to legacies of fascism and genocide.
- Desperate living: filmmaker John Waters on the weird world of suburban Baltimore.
- Getting their dues: acknowledging the neglected pre-20th century history of African American literature.
- Lazy activism: on the rise of posturing and faux protest during the recent US presidential election.
- Between a rock and ... artist Ati Maier argues that the troubles at Standing Rock are far from over.
- Each day we post a new review on frieze.com. Read Tom Melick on the Brooklyn Museum's retrospective on the late Beverly Buchanan, the first in a year long programme of feminist exhibitions.
- 'I'm just part of the vibration' – David Mancuso's art of dance parties.
- Make do and mend: can this year's Berlin Biennale teach us something about the social effects of cultural criticism?