10 Mar 2017
Weekend Reading List
From the Women's Strike to a march that cancels itself out: what to read this weekend
- Crime and consumerism: regular frieze contributor Brian Dillon on Raymond Chandler.
- Nicer than his reputation: has history been unkind to Niccolò Machiavelli?
- Wages for housework – a defence of the Women’s Strike.
- ‘It hurts and looks cool’ – Robert Barry writing for frieze.com on punk pretenders The Deadly Doris.
- A self-cancelling march – Rhodri Davis remembers a collaboration with the late artist and anti-war activist Gustav Metzger.
- Gay doesn’t always mean happy – who was and was not acceptable fodder for Milo Yiannopoulos’s rants.
- From the frieze archives: when music videos were video art.
- ‘I have no solution’ –reading Jim Jarmusch’s films through the political reflections of Talal Asad.