Weekend Reading List
Fact checking Trump and New York gallery roster demographics: what to read this weekend
- With President Trump announcing that he is withdrawing the US from the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement, Politifact’s John Greenberg fact checks his statement and factcheck.org ran the rule over it too.
- Meanwhile, China's leaders are increasingly cast as the unlikely defenders of the environment, reportedly declaring a new ‘ecological civilization’ – but is an environmental role reversal between the US and China really taking place?
- Elsewhere, the sobering stats of New York gallery roster demographics.
- Evan Moffitt considers the pros and cons of science and art collaborations with recent conferences at MIT and the New Museum.
- Photographer Ren Hang took his own life in January – he left a moving online diary of his struggle with depression. You can read his last translated entries over here.
- Writer Reni Eddo-Lodge on the insidious prejudices embedded into respectable society, and why she's no longer talking to white people about race.
- But wait, can ‘laughtivism’ save us all?